Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Exclusive Interview with Gregory Capra: "I'm a Lucky Guy"

Last week, on August 10th, Gregory Capra turned 23 years old. I had the pleasure to talk with the French fitness model about his birthday, his job as a personal trainer, and his plans for the future.

Gregory, how did you spend your birthday?

I was very busy on that day: workout in the morning as usual, exam in the afternoon. I got the driving licence which allows me to ride a 1,000 cm3 motorcycle I'm dreaming of. And finally a shooting with an American photographer and editor. They knew that it was my birthday and offered me green beans!
What's your attitude towards your birthday: Do you think about the past and the coming year, or do you just celebrate?
For me it’s a day like the others. My friends congratulate me. But I have no special thoughts about the past or the future, and there's no celebration.
What are you planning for this year in your job?
After returning from my holidays I'll be very busy. I have a lot of new clients for personal training that will begin in September. In this year I’d like to consolidate my company in France, and I have some business abroad. Therefore my website needs to be translated into English. If anybody is interested in translating it, he's welcomed.
Do you have any private goals?
Hard to say, it’s a part of my life I do not control as much as my job. The past year was already important, as I left my parents’ house to rent a flat in the south of France.

People admire your look. Is there anything you don't like and you want to improve regarding your physique?
I am ashamed of my pecs and calves. I think they are too small!
How often and how long do you work out?
Due to my job, I can’t workout from Thursday till Saturday. I'm in Paris on these days. So I go to the gym about five times on the other days, for 1 1/2 hours each time. Moreover I run one hour once or twice a week.
You hire a lot of personal trainers in France and in Europe. With how many trainers do you cooperate now?
I cooperate now with about 10 trainers in the biggest French cities: Paris, Lyon, Marseilles, Nice, Bordeaux, and some more.
How does this cooperation work? Do you meet all these trainers?
The first selection of the trainers is done by one of my friends, and I attend the last interviews. Then I teach the trainers my method, before they have their first sessions with clients. I'm continuously in contact with the trainers and the clients. I meet my trainers, because I like perfection. So I want them to improve. I’d like it, if they were my clones. (Gregory smiles)
Do you look for even more trainers?
Definitely yes! I'm getting more and more clients, so I need more and more trainers, but I am very selective! I want them to be graduated, easy going, reliable, and they must set an example to the clients regarding their attitude towards sports, nutrition, and way of life.

There have been several TV appearances of you in the past months. How do you succeed in getting invited to all these shows?
Because of my connections in sports and modeling. I'm quite known in Paris, as I’ve been on magazine covers and on websites. And the traffic of my own website is pretty good.
What is your main occupation: modeling, personal training or consulting on your website?
Personal training is my main occupation, more than 95 % of my time, if you include face-to-face training and the management of my company.
And what occupation do you like best?
I’m a lucky guy. Personal training is my favorite occupation.
What's your biggest wish for your personal future?
I’d like to stay in good health, and I wish my friends will do the same. I want my parents and my friends to live as long as possible.

Now you have the opportunity to ask Gregory whatever you want! And Gregory will surely answer you. The best questions will be posted here. Send your question directly to Gregory:

Gregory's websites:
www.gregory-capra.com
www.gregory-capra.book.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment