Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Benjamin Loehrer on PumpingMuscle.com: Strong in All Respects - A DVD Review

After watching the three DVDs of PumpingMuscle.com with Benjamin Loehrer, I was sure: These are the best workout DVDs I have ever seen. The special advantage of the DVDs from PumpingMuscle.com is: Time. When watching the three DVDs - Gym 1, Gym 2, and Photo shoot, each of them two hours long - you get the feeling of spending three complete days with Benjamin Loehrer. There aren't any short cuts. The camera runs and runs, and shows everything. Some people may find it boring - I find it excellent.

On the DVD "Photo shoot" you learn how a professional shooting works. You see Benjamin posing, you hear the photographer's instructions, you notice every correction and change of position. Impressive!

On the DVDs "Gym 1" and "Gym 2" you see Benjamin's workout in detail and in full length. It is a full-body workout: uppper body, lower body, cardio, stretching, posing. The DVDs do not show only one set of each exercise but all sets, and Benjamin does many of them!

Exercise 1: Preacher curl




Always when you are sure that this was his last repetition, Benjamin does one more, all-out, two more, even three more, and - four and five more. He groans loudly, gasps for breath, until he finally lets the heavy weight go down, totally exhausted and sweaty. Sensational! "I definitely enjoy the pain", he says while breathing deeply.

Exercise 2: Leg extension and stretching




On the two gym DVDs Benjamin does not only perform exercises. Between the sets he explains the combination of various exercises for a special muscle group, the effective execution of an exercise, the function of negatives, the correct way to breathe during an exercise, the importance of stretching. And then he poses a lot to show the gains. Wow!




Benjamin's physique is so imposing, because all muscle groups are equally big. "My best body parts probably are my legs, and my chest. But I definitely don't have a favorite body part."

He also talks impressively about his life as a bodybuilder. He likes getting attention. "When I was younger, I was a class clown, and I took part in high school plays. I've done a commercial, some modeling, and bodybuilding shows. I love standing on stage and having everyone just see my development. I love that feeling. I definitely enjoy performing. I definitely enjoy the camera."

However it's difficult to live a normal life style and getting ready for a bodybuilding show at the same time, he admits. "It can be hard for a relationship with a girlfriend. It happens that my girlfriend says: "Let's go out!", and I answer: "I eat my fish first, and then we can go out." But it's manageable."

And his plans for the future? "I may do some modeling and acting a little bit more. But I stick to bodybuilding definitely, and keep my focus in the gym. My favorite part of bodybuilding is the training. I just have a really good feeling when I am in the gym."

The three DVDs with Benjamin Loehrer (Gym 1, Gym 2, Photo shoot) are available on PumpingMuscle.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment