Monday, October 16, 2006

Jiri Borkovec: Bodybuilding is My Life

On his website Jiri Borkovec writes: "One word I would use to best describe myself: Pitbull - because it never surrenders."

Jiri Borkovec, 20 years old and from the Czech Republic, proved, that he never surrenders, at the Bohemia Junior National bodybuilding competition this year. After the semifinal he worried about placing perhaps only 3rd or 4th. He was angry about himself: He had oiled up outside and had recognized almost too late his call up to the stage: "I had to enter on stage without pump and not oiled up properly. I competed with much heavier guys. Some of them weighed about 215 lbs. I thought in the break between semifinals and finals how could I do all to win. In the end I did everything well. I beat them by my quality and presentation. I was fuller and harder. I won the heaviest category and the overall as well. This is my career highlight."


Before bodybuilding Jiri Borkovec did many other sports, above all in his childhood and as teenager: karate, soccer, cycling, ice hockey. At the age of 13 he started to work out: "I had always admired muscles and strength. Then, one day, I said to myself: You will be a bodybuilder. I started at home with a few dumbbells and benches for three years. Then, I joined a local bodybuilding club and trained at a public gym." Already 1 1/2 years later Jiri competed and was judged good enough to win the Czech National Championship in 2004. The beginning of his career as bodybuilder.

At the moment Jiri is student at university focused on production control. But he's determined to become a professional bodybuilder. However workout, equipment and trips to competitions are expensive. Therefore he's looking for sponsors and for advertisements on his homepage www.jiriborkovec.com to finance his training and career. "Money very limites me in my improvements. I do my best to earn some money as a personal trainer and I also do a weekend jobs in a forest where I cut the trees and load the truck by the wood. Then I usually go to the gym. Some tell me that I am crazy about what I do. But I wanna be the best all the way. Bodybuilding is my life."

Jiri does not only have big muscles, his plans and wishes are even bigger. Recently he visited North America (pic above and pic below). "I'd like to move to the U.S. one day and compete there and do some sport modeling." And he dreams of opening his own gym finally.

Jiri knows that the way to success can be hard, and that defeats are part of it. In the 2006 Czech Republic Junior Nationals he placed second - and was disappointed. "I wanted to win this contest and prove everyone that symmetry and aesthetics can beat freaky mass. I almost reached it, but one guy was too big and my symmetry wasn't enough to win. I will do my best to get some muscles on and be bigger next year." What was his personal word? Pitbull, because it never surrenders. Just like Jiri himself. Therefore he's likely to succeed in the end.


Jiri's Homepage:
www.jiriborkovec.com

His various products:
- Two personal DVDs which contain his shows, training, bonus materials from backstage and many photos
- Autographed photos which you can choose from his web site

- Exhibitions on public actions and meetings
- New: Webcam shows where he shows his physique in real time

Trainer's services:
- Dietetics and training consultant
- Making diet and training routine plans

- Personal trainings led by him

- Condition exercising
- Junior and senior exercising

- Rehabilitative and stretching exercising

- Weight reduction

- Programs for bulking up, strength or ripping



No comments:

Post a Comment