Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sean Susini: More than Muscles

Sean is a phenom in many ways. Very early he started working out. At the age of 15 he entered his first bodybuilding competition and triumphed in the 2001 INBF Naturalmania Championship. By age 18 he had nine first place victories in contests throughout the northeast USA. In 2005, 19 years old, he won the Hercules International Bodybuilding Competition for the fourth time in a row - that was unprecedented.

Winning team: father and son

Sean says the support of his whole family was very important to his success as a young bodybuilder. "My whole family is very supportive and they always come and see me when I compete." You instantly recognize the importance of his family, when you go on his homepage and see the relaxed, cool family photos.

But there is one person who has been especially decisive for the career of this boy from New Jersey: Domenico, his dad. His dad and his manager. Both - father and son - are a winning team. "My dad is the one that got me started in bodybuilding. He used to be a bodybuilder when he was younger. He started me on my training program but by the time I was 17, he could no longer keep up with me. That was pretty cool."


Workout method: high reps

For his training Sean maintains a high protein diet. As a natural bodybuilder Sean definitifely says No to steroids. Eventually Sean developed his own, very special training method, working out almost everyday. "Sometimes I do very high reps. I will put on a CD and perform reps for an entire CD, which is usually around 45 minutes."

What else is necessary for him for staying in good shape? "The workout in my video is the core regimen that keeps me fit. Cardio is something I do too and it really helps keep off the fat. And I love to wrestle and play ball. Most sports I enjoy. Other than that, I don't spend much time on my appearance."

A reserved hero

This is one more amazing point: Sean is natural, not at all arrogant despite his achievements and his popularity, not feeling like a star. On the contrary: Sean is even reserved - and therefore all the more likable. That's why he should become a star.

"I'm really kinda shy to tell the truth. But, once I step on stage and feel the support of the crowd, it's a real rush and I really get into showing off what I've accomplished with my physique. As for the attention off stage - yeah, that's cool. I enjoy it when people look at me. Working out is hard work and it's nice to know that the results are appreciated."


Dedication and hard work

Sean didn't start getting positive feedback on his physique until he started working out at 15. It was about that time that girls started noticing him. Sean remembers and smiles: "Yeah, I definitely liked that!"


Now he showcases his versatility through bodybuilding events, workout DVDs (RealworkoutsInc. and Sean Susini Enterprises), appearances in print magazines and modeling. Outstanding: his shootings for Allamericanguys.com. The fantastic results can be seen here on this page.

Dedication, hard work and smartness - With these special qualities Sean will surely get on in life, no matter whether he wins on the stage actually each time or not.

Mr. Universe and Tarzan

It will be very interesting on what activities Sean will concentrate in the future: bodybuilding, modeling or even acting. In fact he has already taken acting lessons and is thinking about scripts which have been offered to him.


"My true passion is bodybuilding. I like the results, the competition ... and the applause! I'd like to be a star bodybuilder and work in the world of fitness. If they wanted me to be the next Tarzan, that would be pretty cool."




Sean's stats - cold, no pump:


Height: 5' 11
Weight: 205 lbs
Biceps: 17.2
Chest: 48 (expanded)
Thigh: 26
Calf: 17
Waist: 33.5


I want to report again about Sean Susini here on WorkoutInspiration, especially more detailed about his workout routine shown on his DVD, which you can order on his homepage www.seansusini.net.


Special thanks to Allamericanguys.com who have placed their great photos at my disposal.


Best sources for material about and of Sean Susini:

www.seansusini.net Sean's homepage
www.allamericanguys.com Sean modeling: lots of high-quality photos and videos
www.realworkoutsinc.com/bodybuilding.html High-quality workout DVD, title: Full-Body Workout
www.sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sean-Susini/ Yahoo fan group


The best workout books

No comments:

Post a Comment