Monday, January 22, 2007

Evan: Converting Losses into Gains

It's hard to believe. The photos of Evan here in this post were the first professional shoot he ever participated in. The 19-year-old hunk is a new sensation of Allamericanguys.

Currently Evan is a student at University of Central Florida (Orlando). He explains: "The question I always get, and lately have not been able to answer is “What are you studying?” That answer changes every week. Luckily I just got started so I have a little time to decide."



Prior to going to UCF, Evan lived in Clearwater, Florida, and attended a small private school in Tampa. "Ever since I was a toddler I had an extreme desire for athletics. I have played basically everything you can think of: soccer, basketball, baseball, golf, tennis, football, wrestling, hockey, ect."

The dream of football and its end

As Evan grew older though he had an extremely strong interest in Baseball and Football. "After my freshman year in high school, I decided to concentrate on football, and weightlifting for football. At the age of 16 I was 5’10” and 195lbs. I was one of the top Fullbacks and Linebackers in the area." Unfortunately, his College Football aspirations were cut short by injury. He tore his ACL and Meniscus during his junior year. "This injury was devastating. I spent years training to make it to the next level, only to fail due to injury."



From trauma to success

Even though this experience was so extremely traumatic and detrimental, it indirectly sparked new interests and opportunities. Evan: "Post-Surgery my body atrophied to a fragile frame of 160lbs, how depressing." After months of self-pity and mourning, accompanied by miserable rehab, Evan decided he would convert his losses into gains. "I always wanted to model, but bulking up for football, along with my busy schedule prevented me from pursuing it. Now that I lost a lot of weight, and started to really research information about dieting and nutrition, I decided to get in the best shape possible and pursue modeling."

And the young hunk adds with a smile: "So here I am, on Allamericanguys!"

Many more high-quality photos and videos on Allamericanguys.

No comments:

Post a Comment