Friday, January 5, 2007

Interview with Pavel H: A Fighter like Rocky

Pavel Hochman lives with his parents and his younger brother near the city Brno in the Czech Republic, in a region with a beautiful countryside, with woods and hills. When you listen to Pavel talking about his career, you soon think of Rocky Balboa, although it's not boxing but bodybuilding. But the ups and downs seem quite similar, and so are the personalities.

Pavel, please tell us about your way to bodybuilding and modeling.
I started with bodybuilding at the age of 16. The first gym I visited was the Gold's Gym in Brno. Since then I've been training consistently. I took part at contests, and that gave me the chance to do professional shootings.

There're several amazing highlights in your bodybuilding career. But you had to cope with a quite difficult time too, hadn't you?
Yes, I had. My first contest was in 2004. It was the Juniors Championship, in the category up to 176 lbs, and I was placed number eight. My target for the next season was to get more weight. And I succeeded. One year later I competed at the same contest in the heaviest category, that's over 176 lbs. I won. I was so happy. But five days later I lay in hospital. I had problems with my intestine, a surgery was necessary. I lost 20 lbs in eight days. In the next four weeks at home I lost again more than 2 lbs. My doctor told me better to forget the dumbbells. Five weeks after the surgery I started training again with four-lbs-dumbbells. After 15 weeks I stood again on the stage of a contest. My weight was 170 lbs. I won gold. Then the next contests, one of them the Aminostarcup 2005, where I was placed second in the category up to 165 lbs.

Do you have idols, persons who inspire you?
My biggest idols in bodybuilding are Frank Zane and Flex Wheeler. My favorite writer is W.S. Burroughs.

Do you have more interests?
I like good books and movies, and I like to go to punk concerts. But I don't have much free time.

What kind of support do you have?
My father is supporting me most of all. Family is the most important support. And I have a great trainer.

Can you tell us about your goals in life?
My personal goal is to be satisfied with me and with my life. I want my life to be useful. Regarding profession I would like to finish the School of Medicine and want to specialize in human nutrition. I would like to become an adviser for nutrition and training. I want to stay healthy, and try to win as often as I can. I wish that my work in the gym and on the stage makes me happy.

Thank you for the conversation, Pavel.
Read the post about Pavel's first workout DVD below. Many high-quality photos and videos with Pavel on CzechYoungMuscle.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment